Please note Microsoft have updated the Core CAL and ECAL Suite :-
The ECAL Suite is a single licensing vehicle for a broad software portfolio. It provides a significant package value over acquiring separate components and is discounted steeply. In the current economic climate, a strong case can be made for a careful managed approach to vendor consolidation.
There is a lot of confusion out there on ECAL Suite. What it contains and what rights come with it. I have included a quick reference summary that you can come back to as needed. I have included the May and June 2010 Pricelist updates to you can plan your acquisitions over the next couple of months.
-  December 2009, the Forefront Protection Suite contains the Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) Web Protection Service.
-  UAG: Unified Access Gateway
-  OCS: Office Communications Server
-  SCCM: System Center Configuration Manager
-  SCDPM: System Center Data Protection Manager
-  SCOM: System Center Operations Manager
-  SCSM: System Center Service Manager
-  RMS: Rights Management Services
OCS Voice CAL
Office Communication Server (OCS) 2007 R2 will have a new release in Wave 14. As a result of this, Microsoft are splitting out the OCS Enterprise CAL for conferencing and a new Voice CAL for PBX integration.
What should I consider If SA is expiring April 30th to the end of May?
If ECAL SA expires on April 30th, 2010 you won’t receive the Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) 2010 CAL but will receive SharePoint 2010 CALs.
- Receive new version rights such as the OCS “14” CALs.
- Keep the right to use the Forefront Protection Suite.
- Receive Packaged Services – SharePoint Deployment Planning Services.
- 24×7 Problem Resolution Support.