Some great resources collated by one of my colleagues. Take some time too review some publicly available case studies.
- SAP resources and best practices for SQL http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/sap.aspx
- Best practices for SAP in SQL : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc966447.aspx
- Office – DUET http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/bb267348.aspx#tab=1
- BizTalk Server – SAP Adapter Pack http://www.microsoft.com/biztalk/en/us/adapter-pack.aspx
- Good press release at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2009/feb09/02-05MSSAPPR.mspx
- The solution accelerators for WS2008R2 migration will also help. See http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/solutionaccelerators/cc197101.aspx
More on SQL and SAP particularly : SAP and Microsoft Working Together
· SAP and Microsoft have been working together closely for more than 15 years to ensure the Microsoft platform and SAP solutions are fully integrated. The recent SAP certification of Windows Server 2008 and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 is the technical stamp of approval of such joint work by both Microsoft and SAP developers and the adoption of SAP on SQL Server continues to grow.
· Building on the previous version’s capabilities, SQL Server 2008 further solidifies SQL Server as enterprise ready for SAP and it leads the industry with the lowest TCO for database platforms by way of lower pricing, reduced administration, built in high availability, and scalability